Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fire and Wood

Training
Friday
Stick/Vibration
Accel Warm Up
Ground based mobility and activation
Neuro series + 3 broad jumps
Accel wall/ Fast arms x2
4x20 yard sled sprint, 2x30 yard free sprint
Power Snatch (with 2 mats)4x3 @ 88, 110,132,154
Power Clean/Pull (with 2 mats) 4x3 @ 199,221,2x243

Saturday
Recovery/ General Strength
Eliptical 10 min
Push/ Pullup/ Upper back/ Hamstring x 3
Abs...approximately 100 reps of decline sit-ups, hanging leg raises, and straight leg sit-ups
Mobility Drills (every drill you could imagine)
Stick WRRRolll
My mangina came out (to the point were tissues were laid on the platform) during my cleans...arm was numb so i couldn't catch my last two sets...all in all I'm going back to the old school recovery method...I have always been the type of athlete who feels like a million bucks when he's rested, but also loses his legs with in days of high volume...I think I'm a mixture of the good old fashion " fire and wood athlete"...for more on that check out this interesting article http://mikedemeter.com/articles/5%20Elements%20-%20Poliquin.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment